Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Down but not out

Well they have arrived but heavy casualties were suffered. I lost two of my Periplaneta americana nymphs, the large males and the two adults females are alive. 
All the adult females of the Australian roaches survived but two or four of the nymphs died, but I still have over six Ozzies.

The Surinames were hit the hardest, I'm down to six adults, and one nymph. And one female is in the process dying and aborting an ooth. I have her by watermelon in hopes she can possibly rehydrate herself.

I did manage to find some ooth or each of the Periplaneta species, and have them in their respective enclosures.
The survivors are currently eating the watermelon and food, so I'm hopeful that the colonies will survive.
Though I'm likely going to have to buy some females of the Periplaneta americana and Australian roaches to bolster the numbers.

Had they arrived a day later at least one more would have died.



Well on the positive side I can resume normal posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment