Sunday, September 17, 2017

Disaster.

Well while I was gone a right bastard of a room mate moved my roach colonies outside, and they got hit by direct sun and the Periplaneta americana colony is destroyed. I will attempt to salvage the ooths, but I'm not hopeful. And considering I was trying to breed a giant strain, the individuals lost were irreplaceable, and I'm unable to get more.



The giant one is on the right, but the other two were still larger than many other Periplaneta adults I've seen. The Surinames have been wiped out as well.

The Australian roaches are thankfully ok, I will do a more detailed check for casualties later but initial inspection seems promising.

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of the time when I got my first can of Zophobas morio and put them in a hot car when eating lunch. They were all flailing around in agony when I got back and died despite all possible efforts.

    But do be careful before throwing them away, I have also had later Z. morio larvae which were not only unconscious but also limp and soft wake up.

    ReplyDelete